Monday, December 21, 2015

Grey Phases - part two








This series of drawings were done on small pocket notebook paper and whatever other small pieces of paper were around - they were done randomly and sketched out quickly... sometimes I was trying to capture a face passing by or directly in front of me or working from memory... yes, they might have big eyes, I taught myself to draw by copying the works of Patrick Nagel, and to me his models seemed to have small eyes... and I always draw my eyes big because I have always mixed styles - manga with western styles plus I also learned to draw from fashion books... that is how I ended up with this particular style... some of these drawings I also did on small business card sized paper... and on the backs of business cards... and many of them I simply left behind in offices and restaurants and markets through out Juarez and El Paso and other parts of Texas, New Mexico, and Chihuahua.

No comments: