Friday, January 10, 2014

DERINGER STYLE - clothes

When I suit up - I suit up as if it was my last day on earth... I have made fashion mistakes when I was young... but now that I am older I know what works for me and I know how to dress for the part I want to play - and for the women I want to play with... I don’t wear modern off the rack suits designed by gay men for little boys... I have always looked my best in a six button double breasted suit - the kind ARMANI used to make back in the eighties and early nineties... a suit that Bogart and Gable would wear... I don’t like crazy patterns and prefer solid colors - Black and Charcoal, Navy Blue and Grey... and deep dark Chocolate Brown...  Paired with straight arrow shirts and thick ties with an emphasis on solid colors - but I do own patterned neck ties... I prefer black shoes but on an occasion will wear shoes in rich dark whiskey...

Casual wear - I prefer trousers to dungarees... but when I wear jeans I like them loose fitting - not baggy... snug in the right places but loose with boot cut legs... I haven’t wore boots in a while but when I do wear them I wear ropers - and I don’t normally shine them - they actually look like they are worn for working in  - and usually they have been... fading black leather... or brown that just came in from the range -  in my boots... and an old white t-shirt... sans belt and dirt in my hair... though not too many people will actually see me like this, as I would not go out in public looking as such... I love my denim jacket - from Geofrey Beene... it looks and feels good on me... it’s starting to fade in patches -the shoulders - from back packing and around the pockets... I wear that with khakis and my white jeans... with cargo pants and dark trousers - I  wear it  in big cities and out into the wilds... beaches and deserts... I take it everywhere I go... I  have a very nice dark brown leather jacket that I never wear - but when I finally take my long motor cycle journey I plan to beat the delicate designer boutique sensibilities out of it... T-shirts... I don’t wear too often out in public - but I do have a small collection in solid colors - black, white, and blue... ribbed and without logos - you would have to pay me a whole bunch of money to advertise your brand on my chest - I will not pay good money to wear a brand on my clothes... that is just fucking stupid and I practically laugh my ass off when I see young people spend so much money for a brand - fucking idiots... I don’t wear tennis shoes except  to work out - they really are not important to me... I wear blazers with jeans and dress shoes - but when there is no one to meet for business and I am just knocking about on my own - you will spot me haunting used book stores in dark slacks and a blue colored long sleeve shirt... or in my favorite eatery in a blazer... hiding behind  my laptop... trying to prevent my world  from falling apart...

On cold winter days I will be wrapped up in thick wool turtle neck sweaters in dark colors - black and grey... my winter clothes lack color or imagination as the purpose is to stay warm and only that... and the only color you will find on me other than my denim jacket and camel blazer will be found in my scarfs... I own two trench coats one in dark blue for suiting up and one in khaki... but I have not really wore them since I left Chicago...

And that is how you dress up Dash Deringer...

No comments: