Saturday, September 22, 2012

She's not the girl...

She’s not the girl that I used to know
I left her behind a long time ago
She’s not the girl that once cried for me
When I was the boy in her fantasy
And she’s not the girl that turned my world upside down
Because the boy she once knew can no longer be found

She’s not the girl that used to be mine
When we were different people in another time
She’s not the girl that shattered my dreams
And kicked me straight into hell - Life fell apart at the seams
And she’s not the girl that left my soul on the floor
Because the boy she once knew isn’t around any more

She’s not the girl who would set my heart a flame
Well, we gamble with love and I lost it all on that game
She’s not the girl that made me look like a fool
Maybe I had it coming - ‘could the world be so cruel
And she’s not the girl who set these words in motion
Because the boy she once knew drowned his heart in the ocean


No comments: