Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm not the hero...

I’m not the angel that fell from the sky
That got lost in your kiss and forgot how to fly
I’m not the pirate you’re dreaming of
Who sailed across oceans of time for your love
I’m not the cowboy in your favorite love song
I could never lose you and be that strong
I’m not the hero in the books you read
Still, not quite the scoundrel I lead you to believe

I’m not the sailor lost at sea
Who threw his heart into the ocean but could not be free
I’m not the knight on a holy quest
With a purse full of diamonds and your name on his chest
I’m not the lonely vampire running through the night
Who needs to feel your touch before the morning light
I’m not the hero in the books you read
Still, not quite the scoundrel I lead you to believe

1 comment:

Chef E said...

So far this is one of my favorite that you have written. I have hit a writers block on my poetry. I met with a woman today who is a writer and English professor, and gave her my last two to see how to take them up a notch.

I know because I cannot focus on one or just two things, that my stuff is all over the place. But it is coming, I have grown leaps and bounds over the past year.

I saw your comment and know that you do not leave comments all over as well, I admire you for that, and that is why I look at your stuff and just leave it...beautiful, the way I find it...